All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first Sherlock Holmes adventure appeared in 1888, but today the detective is more popular than ever-witness the upcoming release of Sherlock Holmes , starring Robert Downey Jr. as the legendary Victorian sleuth and Jude Law as his faithful chronicler, Dr. John H. Watson. For readers who dream of solving crimes in turn-of-the-century London, The Sherlock Holmes Handbook features skills that every would-be sleuth should kw: How to Use Deductive Reasoning, How to Analyze Fingerprints - Without Computers, How to Master a Dozen Disguises, How to Survive a Plunge over a Waterfall, and How to Fake Your Own Death. Readers will also discover a host of information about Holmes and his universe: How was the real Scotland Yard organized? Could people really buy cocaine over-the-counter back then? And why were the British so terrified of Australia? Packed with fascinating trivia, evocative illustrations, and a classic Victorian design, The Sherlock Holmes Handbook will appeal to 'Baker Street Irregulars' of all ages.
- Author BiographyA lifelong Holmes aficionado, Ransom Riggs is also a regular contributor to mental_floss magazine and collegehumor.com. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Ransom Riggs
- PublisherQuirk Books
- Date of Publication18/08/2009
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuirk Books
- Content Note25-30 2-Colour Illustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width117 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.