All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Africa to Asia, there are areas that are home to mirity and in some cases majority groups of Twelver Shia. Geography and history place Iran at the centre of these Shia worlds, but to what extent can we speak of an 'Iranian model' that these groups follow? This volume presents the Shi'a worlds in all their complexities and explores the tenuous relations between these groups and Iran. It also sheds light on little-kwn communities such as the Ironi Shi'a of Uzbekistan, and refines our understanding of groups studied more extensively like the Shia's in Iraq. Published in association with the Institut Francais du Proche-Orient.
- Author BiographySabrina Mervin is a senior researcher at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and has worked at the Insitut Francais du Proche Orient since 2004.
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content Notemaps
- Weight476 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited bySabrina Mervin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.