Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1946, and all over the world young women are crossing the seas in their thousands en route to the men they married in wartime, and an unkwn future. In Sydney, Australia, four women join 650 other brides on an extraordinary voyage to England -- aboard HMS Victoria, which still carries t just arms and aircraft but a thousand naval officers and men. Rules of hour, duty, and separation are strictly enforced, from the aircraft carrier's Captain down to the lowliest young stoker. But the men and the brides will find their lives intertwined in ways the Navy could never have imagined. And Frances Mackenzie -- the enigmatic young bride whose past comes back to haunt her thousands of miles from home -- will find that sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
- Author BiographyJojo Moyes was born in 1969 and was brought up in London. A journalist and writer, she worked for the Independent newspaper until 2001. She lives in East Anglia with her husband and two children.
- PrizesShortlisted for Foster Grant Reading Glasses Romantic Novel of the Year Award 2006.
- Author(s)Jojo Moyes
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication13/02/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Out-of-print date20/01/2010
- Content Noten/a
- Weight332 g
- Width128 mm
- Height30 mm
- Spine197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.