Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionHideyuki Taka takes us on a journey into the Wa State at the very heart of the 'Golden Triangle' - a remote land with a headhunting past, traditional hilltribes, drugs and guerrilla warfare. This book follows his 7-months in a traditional Wa mountain village, his participation in the complete cycle of opium cultivation and gives insights into a way of life molded by opium and ethnic conflict. As readers are drawn into the life of the Wa, Taka is increasingly drawn into opium dependence, unwittingly becoming a part of this intriguing story. His experiences bring home the stark reality of life on a Shore Beyond Good and Evil.
- Author BiographyBorn in Tokyo in 1966, Hideyuki Takano went to Waseda University, Tokyo where he majored in French literature. He's visited South America, Africa, and Southeast Asian many times and writes books and reports on remote regions. He lives in Tokyo.
- Author(s)Takano Hideyuki
- PublisherKotan Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNevada
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKotan Publishing
- Out-of-print date24/11/2011
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight544 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.