All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Short Story of Art is a new and invative introduction to the subject of art. Simply constructed, the book explores 50 key works, from the wall paintings of Lascaux to contemporary installations, and then links these to se ctions on art movements, themes and techniques. The design of the book allows the student or art enthusiast to easily navigate their way around key periods, artists and styles. Accessible and concise, it simplifies and explains the most important and influential concepts in art, and shows how they are linked. The book explains how, why and when art changed, who introduced certain things, what they were, where they were produced, and whether they matter. It demystifies artistic jargon, giving readers a thorough understanding and broad enjoyment of art.
- Author BiographySusie Hodge is an art historian, historian, and artist. She is the bestselling author of numerous books, among them 50 Art Ideas, How to Survive Modern Art, Why Your Five Year Old Could Not Have Done That: Modern Art Explained, and 50 Art Nouveau Works of Art You Should Know.
- Author(s)Susie Hodge
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2017
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.