All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains more than 60 original translations of papers written by the German philosopher Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646-1716). As well as contributing to Leibniz scholarship, it functions as an excellent introductory text for students approaching Leibniz for the first time. By focusing on Leibniz's numerous shorter philosophical writings rather than his lengthy and/or impenetrable pieces, this volume aims to be more 'student friendly' than rival anthologies of Leibniz's work. Editor-translator, Lloyd Strickland contributes an introduction explaining the background and content. The translations themselves are drawn from the key areas of Leibniz's thought and categorised accordingly. And as the texts are selected from throughout Leibniz's career, and on a range of topics, together they provide a balanced picture of Leibniz's philosophy. The book will be sufficient in itself for Leibniz students, and will prepare them for other, more difficult volumes of his work. As many of the selections appear in English for the first time ever (although all the translations will be original), the book will be of great value to more advanced students, and to specialists in Leibniz studies.
- Author BiographyLloyd Strickland (Lancaster University, UK) runs a highly successful website devoted to Leibniz. His publications include articles in the British Journal for the History of Philosophy and Ars Disputandi.
- Author(s)G. W. Leibniz
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- Series TitleContinuum Impacts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byDr. Lloyd Strickland
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.