All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive collection of Mark Twain's earlier writings, w in an affordable new edition from Signet Classics. This richly entertaining and comprehensive collection presents sixty-five of the very best of Mark Twain's short pieces, from the classic frontier sketch The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County to the richly imaginative fable Extract from Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven. Compiled by Pulitzer Prize-winning Twain scholar and biographer Justin Kaplan, this collection represents some of Mark Twain's wittiest and most insightful writing.
- Author BiographyMark Twain was born Samuel Langhorne Clemens in Florida, Missouri, in 1835, and died in Redding, Connecticut in 1910. Although he left school at twelve when his father died, he was eventually awarded honorary degrees from Yale University, the University of Missouri, and Oxford University. His career encompassed such varied occupations as printer, Mississippi riverboat pilot, journalist, travel writer, and publisher. He made fortunes from his writing, but toward the end of his life he went bankrupt and undertook a round-the-world lecture tour in order to pay off his creditors. He lives in American letters as one of our greatest humorists and novelists, the writer whom William Dean Howells called the Lincoln of our literature. Justin Kaplan is the author of Mr. Clemens and Mark Twain, winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award; Mark Twain and His World ; Lincoln Steffens ; and Walt Whitman: A Life. In 1985, he was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters. His final book was When the Astors Owned New York. He died in 2014. Debbie Macomber s first book was published by Silhouette in 1982, and today she has more than seventy million books in print. Among her many New York Times bestselling titles are A Good Yarn, The Shop on Blossom Street, 44 Cranberry Point, a Quill Book Award winner, and Mr. Miracle.
- Author(s)Mark Twain
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSignet Classics
- Weight401 g
- Width106 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine37 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.