All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDominic Lancaster hoped to prove himself to his family by excelling in the Navy during World War II. Instead he is wounded while serving as a gunner and loses his leg. Still recovering from his wounds and the trauma of his amputation when the Blitz begins, Dominic finds himself shuffled off to the countryside by his family, along with his partially deaf sister, Octavia. The crumbling family estate on the shores of Ullswater is an old, much-neglected place that doesn t seem to promise much in the way of happiness or recovery. Something more than a friendship begins to flourish between Dominic and his nurse, Rose, in the late autumn of that English countryside, as he struggles to come to terms with his new life as an amputee. Ather thing that seems to be flourishing is Octavia s hearing. As winter descends, sinister forces seem to be materializing around Octavia, who is hearing voices of children. After seeing things that one else can see and hearing things that one else can hear, Octavia is afflicted with a sickness that cant be explained. With Rose s help, Dominic sets out to find the truth behind the voices that have haunted his sister. In doing so, he uncovers an even older, darker evil that threatens t only Octavia, but Rose and himself. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyJonathan Aycliffe was born in Belfast in 1949. The author of many critically acclaimed ghost stories including Naomi s Room, The Lost, and A Shadow on the Wall, he lives in the north of England.
- Author(s)Jonathan Aycliffe
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.43
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.