All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'All you have to do is find out why Harry is prepared to blame an incent man. That's the thread. Follow it. You'll reach the Silent Ones. This is your way - our way - of making a difference.' With this challenge from Father Edmund Littlemore, Anselm returns to the Old Bailey. The man in the dock is Littlemore himself. He is charged with grave offences against Harry Brandwell who, it seems, is both a victim and a liar. But he's the only link to these others who've chosen silence over their right to justice. Unkwn to Anselm, Robert Sambourne, a journalist, has been investigating Littlemore's background. And he's a man with a troubled past, always on the move, from Boston in the USA to Freetown in Sierra Leone, finally running from a London police station rather than explain himself. More disturbingly, Robert uncovers details of a carefully planned scheme to entice Anselm back into court, exploiting his reputation for honesty to secure a shock acquittal. Meanwhile Harry Brandwell - abused, abandoned and betrayed - has decided to take matters into his own hands. The Silent Ones examines the one crime that Church, State and Family thought they could hide in their own best interests; Anselm's return is a compelling vel about the anatomy of silence, the courage of victims and the redemptive power of public justice.
- Author BiographyWilliam Brodrick was born in Bolton, Lancashire in 1960. Aged ten the family moved first to Australia and then Canada. He studied philosophy, theology and law, worked with homeless people in London, and then became a barrister, joining a set of chambers in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. He is the author of six Father Anselm novels. The Sixth Lamentation, was a Richard and Judy Book Club Selection, A Whispered Name won the CWA Gold Dagger for 2009 and The Day of the Lie received the Granice Crime Fiction Award at the Krakow Book Fair in 2012 He is married with three children. The family live in Normandy, France.
- Author(s)William Brodrick
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFather Anselm Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight305 g
- Width201 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.49Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.