All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe Silver Dragon is a collection of poems which illustrates the real life struggles of just a few of the millions of people, in all walks of life, who are either infected with or caring for someone infected with the hepatitis-c virus. It may surprise you to find out just how you can be unkwingly infected. This virus, for the most part, unkwn has symptoms for as many as 30 or more years and some find out too late that they are in serious trouble with their health. My intentions, in publishing this collection of poems is to bring you to awareness about this misunderstood virus and to cause you to ask yourself whether or t you should be tested.
- Author BiographyVickie Gray was born in Chicago, IL. and grew up in Memphis, TN, Where she married and started her family. She currently lives in a small town just 30 miles north of Memphis. Vickie contracted hepatitis-c from life saving blood transfusions, after a car accident in 1984, but it was not until many years later that she found out. While undergoing treatment in the years 2007 and 2008, she was compelled to write this collection of poetry, which depicts her experience and the experiences of others. One of her poems, which is to be included in another series, won the Prestigious Editor's Choice Award, presented by Poetry.com and the International Library of Poetry in March 2008 for its display of a unique perspective and original creativity. The Silver Dragon is published to help bring awareness about hepatitis-c to those who may be at risk for having the virus. It is a blood born (dragon), affecting millions of people worldwide, silently attacking the liver for as many as 30 years without causing symptoms. As a result, there are people walking around today who are unknowingly infecting others. There is no preventative vaccine. Those at risk for hepatitis-c include: injecting drug users, recipients of clotting factors made before 1987, hem dialysis patients, recipients of blood and or solid organs before 1992, people with undiagosed liver problems, infants born to infected mothers, health care and public safety workers, people having sex with multiple partners and people having sex with an infected steady partner. If you or someone you know classify in one of these categories, please get tested.
- Author(s)The Vickie L Gray
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication10/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.