All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA heartfelt story told with warmth, perception and humour, in award winning Bill Condon's deceptively effortless prose. Ten-year-old Stephen has never met his great aunt Lola, and he doesn't want to. She sends him money twice a year and he always writes back, but he doesn't send her any love, because he can't lie. 'How can you love someone you've never met?' he asks. He decides you can't, t even for ten dollars twice a year. When he arrives with his parents at Lola's house, Stephen discovers she's grumpy, scary and really, really old. What will they have to talk about? He wants to turn around and go home, but his mum says they have to stay until Lola's birthday - three weeks away. Left to his own devices, Stephen learns about the simple things in life - like fishing, and cricket, and climbing trees - and the importance of family. Soon Aunty Lola entrusts Stephen with a great secret, and he realises just how much she has come to mean to him.
- Author BiographyBill Condon has written numerous novels for children and young adults, including Confessions of a Liar, Thief and Failed Sex God for which he won the inaugural Prime Minister's Literary Award in 2010. www.enterprisingwords.com.au
- Author(s)Bill Condon
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.