All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Singapore House is a comprehensive study of the various domestic architectural styles that thrived in Singapore from 1819 until the outbreak of the Pacific War - from English, Georgian, Victorian, Eclectic, Edwardian, Baroque, Arts and Crafts and Modern International to the home-grown Coarsened Classical. Beautifully illustrated, The Singapore House marks a major attempt to document a rich and beautiful architectural legacy. The over 400 illustrations include rare historical materials, remarkable photographs and fascinating architectural drawings.
- Author BiographyA Singapore Peranakan and architect, the late Lee Kip Lin was born in 1925 and educated at the Singapore Chinese Girls' School and the Anglo Chinese School. He received his architectural training at the Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London, University of London. From 1956 until his retirement in 1984, he combined a career in teaching with private practice. He is the author of several monographs on Singapore's architectural history and a keen collector of Singapore memorabilia.
- Author(s)Lee Kip Lin
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1383 g
- Width210 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.