Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.61
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.47
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $19.45Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $45.86
About this product
- DescriptionEvery woman makes choices. And one has made more difficult choices than Olivia Grayson. The ermously successful businesswoman missed out on much of her children's lives while she built her legendary home-furnishings empire. In Danielle Steel's character-rich vel, Olivia faces the past, tries to balance the present and make amends where due, while still running her vastly successful business. As a way of making up to them for time lost, Olivia spends months each year planning a holiday that everyone in her family will enjoy. This summer she has arranged a dream trip in the Mediterranean on a luxurious yacht, which she hopes will be the most memorable vacation of all. Her lavish gesture every year expresses her love for them, and regret at all the important times she missed during her children's younger years. Her younger daughter, Cassie, a hip London music producer, refuses the invitation altogether, as she does every year. Her older daughter, Liz, lives in her mother's shadow, with a terror of failure as she tries to recapture her dream of being a writer. And her sons, John and Phillip, work for Olivia, for better or worse, with wives who wish they didn't. In the splendor of the Riviera, this should be a summer to remember, with Olivia's children, grandchildren, and daughters-in-law on board. But as with any family gathering, there are always surprises, and matter how glamorous the setting, things don't always turn out as one hopes. Family dynamics are complicated, old disappointments die hard, and as forgiveness and surprising revelations enter into it, new bonds are formed, and the future takes on a brighter hue. And one by one, with life's irony, Olivia's children find themselves committing the same sins for which they blamed their mother for so many years. It is a summer of compassion, important lessons, and truth. The Sins of the Mother captures the many sides of family love: complex, challenging, funny, passionate, and hopefully enduring. Along the way, we are enthralled by an unforgettable heroine, a mother strong eugh to take more than her fair share of the blame, wise eugh to respect her children for who they really are, and forgiving eugh to love them unconditionally.
- Author BiographyDanielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world's most popular authors, with over 600 million copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers include The Sins of the Mother, Friends Forever, Betrayal, Hotel Vendome, Happy Birthday, 44 Charles Street, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina's life and death, and the memoir of her work with the homeless, A Gift of Hope.
- Author(s)Danielle Steel
- PublisherBrilliance Corporation
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGrand Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrilliance Audio
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byCassandra Campbell
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time720
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.