All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.68Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Situation addresses a wide array of subjects and concerns, among them, the deaths of close friends; neglected lives; and the struggles of love. Spiritual issues are also raised in poems that deal with and confront a deity. Ather dimension of the collection comes from poems that are seriously at play with contemporary, historical and literary figures such as Emma Lazarus and Charles Schwab. A line from the title poem probably best summarizes the tone of the book: That's life, isn't it, death?
- Author BiographyJohn Skoyles is the author of four previous collections of poems, A Little Faith, Permanent Change, Definition of the Soul and The Situation. He is also the author of the autobiographical novel: A Moveable Famine: A Life in Poetry; a memoir, Secret Frequencies: A New York Education; and Generous Strangers, a collection of personal essays. He teaches at Emerson College and is the poetry editor of Ploughshares.
- Author(s)John Skoyles
- PublisherCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.