All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionIn a stalgic, yet nimble telling of his boyhood in Flushing, Michigan, Edmund Love tes that he was born into a world that ceased to exist almost as soon as he entered it. -In the first twelve years of my life, - he writes, -rural America was swept away as though it has been a picture on a blackboard that had suddenly been erased.- The Situation in Flushing is a humorous portrait of a place and people that have vanished from the American scene. With his unique brand of satire, Love provides sharp and amusing insight into the events and personalities that shaped his youth.
- Author BiographyEdmund G. Love is the author of nine books including A Small Bequest; Hanging On; and Subways Are for Sleeping, the basis for the 1961 Broadway musical. He has been a contributor to The Saturday Evening Post, The New Yorker, and Harper's.
- Author(s)Edmund G. Love
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/1987
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleGreat Lake Books Series
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.