All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionGenerosity, ethical discipline, patience, enthusiastic effort, concentration, and wisdom are practiced by Bodhisattvas with the supreme intention of attaining enlightenment for the sake of all living beings. These six are called perfections because they give rise to complete enlightenment - a perfected state in which liberation from disturbing emotions and their seeds, and from obstructions to the kwledge of all phemena, has been attained.Practicing the six perfections insures that we will have an excellent body and mind in the future and leads to even more favorable conditions for development than we experience at present. Generosity results in the enjoyment of ample material resources, ethical discipline gives a good rebirth, and patience leads to an attractive appearance and supportive companions. Enthusiastic effort endows us with the ability to complete what we undertake, concentration makes the mind invulnerable to distraction, and through the growth of wisdom we will be capable of discriminating between what should be cultivated and discarded. These six incorporate all of the Buddha's advice on the Bodhisattva way of life and include every practice needed for our own fullest development and for accomplishing the ultimate good of others.
- Author BiographyGeshe Sonam Rinchen (1933-2013) studied at Sera Je Monastery and in 1980 received the Lharampa Geshe degree. He taught Buddhist philosophy and practice at the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives in Dharamsala, India, as well as in dharma centers around the world.
- Author(s)Geshe Sonam Rinchen
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/09/1998
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnow Lion Publications
- Weight222 g
- Width204 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRuth Sonam
- Translated byRuth Sonam
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.