All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionInterest in the skew-rmal and related families of distributions has grown ermously over recent years, as theory has advanced, challenges of data have grown, and computational tools have made substantial progress. This comprehensive treatment, blending theory and practice, will be the standard resource for statisticians and applied researchers. Assuming only basic kwledge of (n-measure-theoretic) probability and statistical inference, the book is accessible to the wide range of researchers who use statistical modelling techniques. Guiding readers through the main concepts and results, it covers both the probability and the statistics sides of the subject, in the univariate and multivariate settings. The theoretical development is complemented by numerous illustrations and applications to a range of fields including quantitative finance, medical statistics, environmental risk studies, and industrial and business efficiency. The author's freely available R package sn, available from CRAN, equips readers to put the methods into action with their own data.
- Author BiographyAdelchi Azzalini was Professor of Statistics in the Department of Statistical Sciences at the University of Padua until his retirement in 2013. Over the last fifteen years or so, much of his work has been dedicated to the research area of this book. He is regarded as the pioneer of this subject due to his 1985 paper on the skew-normal distribution; in addition, several of his subsequent papers, some of which have been written jointly with Antonella Capitanio, are considered to represent fundamental steps. He is the author or co-author of three books, over 70 research papers and four packages written in the R language. Antonella Capitanio is Associate Professor of Statistics in the Department of Statistical Sciences at the University of Bologna. She began working on the skew-normal distribution about fifteen years ago, co-authoring with Adelchi Azzalini a series of papers, related to the skew-normal and skew-elliptical distributions, which have provided key results in this area.
- Author(s)Adelchi Azzalini
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- Series TitleInstitute of Mathematical Statistics Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note100 b/w illus. 60 exercises
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.