All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViewing skits as an aspect of folklore - this is more a general resource than an actual book of scripts. A list of characters, an outline of the action, and suggested dialogue or improvisations for each is given rather than the formal scripts, stage directions, and production tes found in other collections. Props and scenery are kept to a minimum, and in keeping with the oral tradition, flexibility in length and numbers of actors, as well as variations on the action are indicated. The material, submitted by camps, schools, and youth groups, should appeal to the young and the young-at-heart. Pen-and-ink drawings are a delightful accompaniment to the text.
- Author BiographyMargaret Read MacDonald Bio: Margaret Read MacDonald is a professional storyteller, award winning author and highly respected consultant who travels the world telling stories and conducting workshops for educators. Her most popular workshop Playing with Stories has been offered in over 70 countries. She has been invited to storytelling and literary festivals in Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Thailand and Singapore. In addition, Dr. MacDonald teaches storytelling to classroom teachers for the Lesley University Creative Education through the Arts program. For years, she also taught storytelling as an Adjunct Professor with the University of Washington Information School. Dr. MacDonald is the author of over 60 books on folklore and storytelling topics, including many award winning folktale picture books. She has been telling stories since 1964 in her work as a children's librarian, and she holds a Ph.D. in Folklore from Indiana University along with an M.Ed.EC. (Educational Communications Masters) from the University of Hawaii and a Master's of Library Science (MLS) from the University of Washington. She is well known for her ability to create texts that delight the ear and are easy for teachers to share. Teaching with Story contains 20 of these useful stories that can be used by teachers with their students.
- Author(s)Margaret Read MacDonald
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width180 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marie-Louise Scull
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.