All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The long-awaited cookbook featuring 100 recipes from James Beard award-winning chef Charles Phan's beloved San Francisco Vietnamese restaurant, The Slanted Door<b>. </b></b> Award-winning chef and restaurateur Charles Phan opened The Slanted Door in San Francisco in 1995, inspired by the food of his native Vietnam. Since then, The Slanted Door has grown into a world-class dining destination, and its accessible, modern take on classic Vietnamese dishes is beloved by diners, chefs, and critics alike. <i>The Slanted Door</i> is a love letter to the restaurant, its people, and its food. Featuring stories in addition to its most iconic recipes, <i>The Slanted Door</i> both celebrates a culinary institution and allows home cooks to recreate its excellence.
- Author Biography<b>Charles Phan</b> is the executive chef and owner of The Slanted Door family of restaurants, and the author of IACP award-winning book, <i>Vietnamese Home Cooking</i>. He received the James Beard Award for Best Chef California in 2004, and in 2011, was inducted into the James Beard Foundation's Who's Who of Food in America. He lives in San Francisco with his wife and their three children.
- Author(s)Charles Phan
- PublisherTen Speed Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1737 g
- Width223 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.