All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLibby Butler's life is a mess. Her career as a solicitor in a prestigious London law firm is going where fast, just like the ill-advised affair with her boss. Then a terrifying, life-threatening encounter with the torious Vampire Killer, a knife-wielding serial murderer, leaves Libby with her courage and confidence shattered. Desperate to pick up the pieces of her life, duty calls Libby to the cells of a Metropolitan police station in the middle of the night. There she meets mysterious and enigmatic stranger Gabriel Radley, a man on intimate terms with danger and who has a habit of disappearing from police custody. Gabriel is searching for a Stone he has lost, its value beyond human imagination, that will help bring a 'monster' to justice. When Libby agrees to help him find the Stone she senses a chance at redemption, but unwittingly plunges headfirst into a series of events that threaten to tear her world apart. A cult called The Awakened, a gangland thug and his vicious henchman, a deadly female assassin, a dedicated detective chief inspector and even the Vampire Killer - all become embroiled in the chase for the Stone and influenced by the elemental force that is Gabriel. As the death toll rises, Libby is forced to face her true self, learn the ultimate value of life and discover the potent significance of the Sleeping Warrior within.
- Author BiographyAn imaginative thinker with a career as diverse as the number of genres her fiction crosses, Sara Bain is one of those people who has the ability to write to any formula but chooses to adhere to none. She was brought up in London, qualified as an English barrister and pursued a career in legal publishing where she learned to produce academic texts and draft complex legal forms. She then left the bright lights of the city and moved to Scotland where she worked as a journalist for a local newspaper for 15 years and learned to write facts as well as creative features. She has been a law lecturer, computer tutor and is an able photographer and graphic designer. She now has her own company which provides press and publicity services and currently works on media campaigns for a number of Scottish arts organisations. She is also employed as an assistant manager on a community arts initiative. When she finds some downtime, Sara writes fantasy and paranormal cross-genre fiction which includes elements of crime, romance, horror and humour. Her debut novel, The Sleeping Warrior, has been described as talented , imaginative , remarkable and simply brilliant.
- Author(s)Sara Bain
- PublisherUrbane Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUrbane Publications
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.