All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Lou Stevens presents a new and radical approach to fishing the dry fly on a wide variety of small streams. He describes the techniques required and introduces the reader to the Change of Pace Zones . The Small Stream Dry Fly has clear diagrams, informative text and colour photographs to help the reader develop new techniques and hopefully catch more fish. In this book Lou Stevens presents a new and radical approach to fishing the dry fly on a wide variety of small streams. Whether you are fishing the dry fly on chalk streams, hillstreams, brooks or moorland streams, the theory is the same. However, the tactics used vary ermously from one type of water to ather. The dry fly is w widely accepted for use on almost all types of water, but the chalk stream technique has had to be extensively modified to achieve good results. Lou Stevens describes the techniques required and introduces the reader to the 'Change of Pace Zones'. He goes on to describe the variations of tactics that are necessary to exploit such zones. The book introduces the reader to a number of little kwn tactical flies. These are described in detail and include the flies needed to practise the radical 'damp fly' approach. For many fisherman there is something utterly delightful and intriguing in taking a trout on a dry fly, especially a fly that has been tied (and perhaps evolved) by the angler personally. The Small Stream Dry Fly with its clear diagrams, informative text and colour photographs will help the reader to develop new techniques and hopefully catch more fish.
- Author BiographyLou Stevens has extensive flyfishing experience. He instructed for many years at the Montreal School of Game Fishing and in 1994 he was elected to the House of Hardy Flyfishing Hall of Fame. He is the author of a number of successful books and lives in Alvaston, Derbyshire.
- Author(s)Lou Stevens
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2003
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwan Hill Press
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Weight191 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.