All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Smallville Chronicles: Critical Essays on the Television Series, scholars examine the multiple narratives of the Smallville universe. Addressing issues related to gender, sexuality, national identity, myth, history, and politics, these essays explore how the series uses the Superman story to comment on contemporary social issues. Additional essays investigate the complex relationship the show's audience has with the characters through blogging, fan fiction, visits to filming locations, and the creation of websites.
- Author BiographyLincoln Geraghty is reader in popular media cultures in the School of Creative Arts, Film and Media at the University of Portsmouth. He is the author or editor of several books on popular culture, including Living with Star Trek: American Culture and the Star Trek Universe (2007), Channeling the Future: Essays on Science Fiction and Fantasy Television (Scarecrow, 2009), and Directory of World Cinema: American Hollywood (2011).
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2011
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLincoln Geraghty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.