All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionHelping to dispel the fog of mystery that often shrouds the microbial world, this useful guide explains the ways in which the body defends itself against infection and the tactics used by disease-causing microbes to evade those defenses. In the pages of this book, readers will learn how to pick the right disinfectant product, how to take antibiotics so that they are most effective, how to distinguish between bacteria and viruses, how to avoid infection, and the truth about vaccines. As useful as it is interesting, this guide is a great resource for individuals interested in learning about how their bodies keeps them safe from infection and what they can do to aid their bodies in that cause.
- Author BiographyAnne Maczulak is the author of more than 10 books on biology and ecology, including Allies and Enemies: How the World Depends on Bacteria, The Five-Second Rule and Other Myths About Germs, The Smart Guide to Biology, and The Smart Guide to Nutrition. She has contributed to articles on germophobia in Psychology Today and has been a regular guest on television and radio, speaking to viewers about the good and bad microbes that lurk in households. As a regular guest expert on Martha Stewart Living Radio, she answers questions on disinfectants, infection, food-borne germs, and other topics. She lives in Santa Barbara, California.
- Author(s)Anne Maczulak
- PublisherSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleSmart Guides (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width190 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.