All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionLk 22:35-38 is peculiar because it is never proclaimed except on Palm Sunday in the Year C. Although it is a pragmatic instruction on mission, it puzzles us like the Apostles in the Upper Room. The Lord shortly before his arrest, asserting the importance of the teaching, mandates preparedness for mission in the post-resurrectional period of the Church. The shepherd must be prepared to defend the sheep under his/her care, even to the extent of being called lawless according to world standards. Lk 22:35-38 thus in way contradicts the prior mission training sendings, rather endows the missionary with greater strategic responsibility and commitment in pastoral care. The book highlights the contextual, hermeneutical, and theological dimensions in the final teaching of Jesus in the Lukan narration.
- Author BiographyThomas Kattathara S.J. entered the Society of Jesus in the Dumka-Raiganj Province after completing his university studies. Involvements in the social, pastoral and formation apostolate of the Society have greatly influenced his exegetical research. He is now teaching Scripture in the Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune (India).
- Author(s)Thomas Kattathara
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleNew Testament Studies in Contextual Exegesis. Neutestamentliche Studien zur Kontextuellen Exegese
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight430 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.