All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionLiberal values are the hallmark of a civilised society. Yet they depend on an optimistic view of the human condition, Stripped of this essential ingredient, liberalism has become a hollowed-out abstraction. Tracing its effects through the media, politics and the public services, the author argues that hollowed-out liberalism has helped to produce our present discontent. Unless we stop boasting about our values and try to recover their essence, liberal society will be crushed in the coils of its own contradictions.
- Author BiographyMark Garnett teaches politics at Leicester University and has written biographies of Keith Joseph and Willie Whitelaw.
- Author(s)Mark Garnett
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication16/09/2004
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleSocietas
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight201 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.