All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
About this product
- DescriptionHans Christian Andersen's magical tale of friendship and adventure is retold through the beautiful and intricate illustrations of Finnish illustrator Sanna Annukka. Cloth-bound in deep blue, with silver foil embellishments, The Sw Queen is a unique work of art. Sanna Annukka is familiar to many from her collaborations with Marimekko and her artwork for Keane's album, Under the Iron Sea. For her second book project, she illustrates Hans Christian Andersen's classic fairy tale, The Sw Queen. A beautiful gift to give and receive.
- Author BiographySanna Annukka is a half Finnish, half English illustrator and print maker. She spent many childhood summers in Finland, and the forests, lakes and wildlife of the region remain a constant source of inspiration. Her work combines nature, childhood memories and her love of storytelling and folklore. In 2006, Sanna's work was spotted by British band Keane which led to a collaboration on their second million-selling album Under the Iron Sea. Her client list includes Universal Island Records, British Vogue, Apple/iTunes and Marimekko. Alongside commissioned work Sanna has her own company, developing her own brand of self-styled products. She is currently expanding her product range from limited edition prints on paper to printed textiles, wooden products and jewellery. www.sanna-annukka.com Hans Christian Andersen was a Danish author and poet, most famous for his fairy tales. Among his best-known stories are The Snow Queen, The Little Mermaid, Thumbelina, The Little Match Girl, The Ugly Duckling and The Red Shoes. During Andersen's lifetime he was feted by royalty and acclaimed for having brought joy to children across Europe. His fairy tales have been translated into over 150 languages and continue to be published in millions of copies all over the world and inspired many other works.
- Author(s)Hans Christian Andersen
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight355 g
- Width128 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sanna Annukka Ltd,Sanna Annukka
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.