All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Edward Swden began leaking NSA documents in June 2013, his actions sparked impassioned debates about electronic surveillance, national security, and privacy in the digital age. The Swden Reader looks at Swden's disclosures and their aftermath. Critical analyses by experts discuss the historical, political, legal, and ethical issues raised by the disclosures. Over forty key documents related to the case are included, with introductory tes explaining their significance: documents leaked by Swden; responses from the NSA, the Obama administration, and Congress; statements by foreign leaders, their governments, and international organizations; judicial rulings; findings of review committees; and Swden's own statements. This book provides a valuable introduction and overview for anyone who wants to go beyond the headlines to understand this historic episode.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Fidler is James Louis Calamaras Professor in the Maurer School of Law at Indiana University. He is author or editor of twelve books, including (with Arturo J. Marcano Guevara) Stealing Lives: The Globalization of Baseball and the Tragic Story of Alexis Quiroz (IUP, 2002).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note28 b&w illus.
- Weight486 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid P. Fidler
- Foreword bySumit Ganguly
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.