All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.09
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.01
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.39
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.46
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than 35 flaps and/or peeky holes, this lift-and-look book invites children to help build a swman, count household objects, play hide-and-seek, locate and identify different colors, and peek into the hidden places of a sw-covered nighttime world. Full color.
- Author BiographyRaymond Briggs was born in London in 1934. At the age of 15, he went to Wimbeldon Art School to learn how to draw, as he wanted to become a cartoonist. But there he was told that cartooning was not a profession for gentlemen and that he ought to be a painter. Raymond then went on to the Slade School in London to study painting as a full-time student. During his spare time, he began work on a portfolio of illustrations of all kinds, including jackets and a wide selection of drawings to take to publishers. After illustrating for advertising, newspapers and books, Raymond discovered that book illustration inspired him the most, since it offered far greater variety and freedom than anything else. Raymond has always found it unfavorable to sustain a consistent illustration style for a long period of time. He is always seeking to try something else new and different with his work. Some of Raymond's best known works are <b><i> The Snowman </i></b>, <b><i> The Man </i></b>, and <b><i> The Bear </i></b>. The setting for <b><i> The Snowman </i></b>is based on Raymond's own house and garden, which is in Sussex, England at the foot of South Downs, a few miles from Brighton.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleNifty Lift-And-Look Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Raymond Briggs
- Format DetailsLift-the-flap book,Unsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.