Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionDecades ago, Werner G. Kummel described the historical problem of Romans as its double Character : concerned with issues of Torah and the destiny of Israel, the letter is explicitly addressed t to Jews but to Gentiles. At stake in the numerous answers given to that question is thing less than the purpose of Paul's most important letter. In The So-Called Jew in Romans, nine Pauline scholars focus their attention on the rhetoric of diatribe and Characterization in the opening chapters of the letter, asking what Paul means by the so-called Jew in Romans 2 and where else in the Ietter's argumentation that figure appears or is implied. Each component of Paul's argument is closely examined with particular attention to the-theological problems that arise in each. In addition to the editors, contributors are Runar M. Thorsteinsson, Magn us Zetterholm, Joshua D. Garroway, Matthew V. Novenson, and Michele Murray with a response by Joshua W. Jipp.
- Author BiographyRafael Rodriguez is professor of New Testament at Johnson University, Knoxville, Tennessee Matthew Thiessen is assistant professor of biblical studies at St. Louis University.
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMatthew Thiessen,Rafael Rodriquez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.