All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoccer is the fastest growing sport in America: almost nine million children between the ages of six and eleven play, making it second in that age group behind basketball. But because of its only recent explosion in popularity, many coaches are just as inexperienced as the children on their teams. Directed toward the inexperienced soccer coach, but useful for anyone interested in improving their coaching (and players') abilities, this work addresses both the physical and mental aspects of the game. It provides a detailed overview of the fundamental skills of controlling, shielding, defending, turning, feinting, dribbling, passing, shooting, and defending, and keys to smart play and sportsmanship for coaches and players. It also provides tips for adapting the game to different age groups, ; structuring and running practices, ; getting the most out of each match, and; answering the most common questions asked by coaches and parents. ; Illustrations and diagrams supplement the text.
- Author BiographyThe captain and Most Valuable Player of the 1981 Cornell University soccer team, <b>William C. Summers</b> continues to play in the Garden State (New Jersey) Soccer League. A consultant in corporate communications, he lives in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
- Author(s)William C. Summers
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note80 illustrations, charts, glossary, diagrams, index
- Weight376 g
- Width179 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robert J. Reedy
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.