All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSparking vigorous debate in the sciences, The Social Conquest of Earth upends the famous theory that evolution naturally encourages creatures to put family first (Discover). Refashioning the story of human evolution, Wilson draws on his remarkable kwledge of biology and social behavior to demonstrate that group selection, t kin selection, is the premier driving force of human evolution. In a work that James D. Watson calls a monumental exploration of the biological origins of the human condition, Wilson explains how our innate drive to belong to a group is both a great blessing and a terrible curse (Smithsonian). Demonstrating that the sources of morality, religion, and the creative arts are fundamentally biological in nature, the rewned Harvard University biologist presents us with the clearest explanation ever produced as to the origin of the human condition and why it resulted in our domination of the Earth's biosphere.
- Author BiographyEdward O. Wilson is widely recognized as one of the world's preeminent biologists and naturalists. The author of more than twenty books, including The Creation, The Social Conquest of Earth, The Meaning of Human Existence, and Letters to a Young Scientist, Wilson is a professor emeritus at Harvard University. The winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, he lives in Lexington, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Edward O. Wilson
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Content Note90 illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.