All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection explores how the theological tradition of the social gospel, born within the social and cultural dislocations of late nineteenth-century America, relates to the dislocations--post-modern, deminational, social, and cultural--of the current American scene. Mindful of the difficulty of reconciling the need for change with the imperative to preserve theological integrity, the contributors argue that America's only indigeus theological tradition remains powerfully relevant to mainline churches and to the scholars who work out of these institutions.
- Author BiographyChristopher H. Evans is Vice President for Academic Life, Dean of Faculty, Sallie Knowles Crozer Professor of Church History and Director of United Methodist Studies at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School in Rochester, New York.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight341 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChristopher H. Evans
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.