All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $42.98
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $39.25
- AU $41.77Trending at AU $43.22
- AU $34.10Trending at AU $36.46
- AU $27.39Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $22.99Trending at AU $27.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe Social Science Encyclopedia, first published in 1985 to acclaim from social scientists, librarians and students, was thoroughly revised in 1996, when reviewers began to describe it as a classic. This third edition has been radically recast. Over half the entries are new or have been entirely rewritten, and most of the balance have been substantially revised. Written by an international team of contributors, the Encyclopedia offers a global perspective on key issues within the social sciences. Some 500 entries cover a variety of enduring and newly vital areas of study and research methods. Experts review theoretical debates from neo-evolutionism and rational choice theory to poststructuralism, and address the great questions that cut across the social sciences. What is the influence of genes on behaviour? What is the nature of consciousness and cognition? What are the causes of poverty and wealth? What are the roots of conflict, wars, revolutions and gecidal violence? This authoritative reference work is aimed at anyone with a serious interest in contemporary academic thinking about the individual in society.
- Author BiographyAdam Kuper is an anthropologist, author of many books, regular broadcaster and contributer to TLS and the London Review of Books. He is a Fellow of the British Academy. Jessica Kuper retired in 2002 as senior commissioning editor in the social sciences at Cambridge University Press.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2008
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight1516 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byAdam Kuper,Jessica Kuper
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.