All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical photocopiable guide to setting up and running social skills groups. The ideas presented will act as a stimulus to therapists and trainers working with clients who need to develop more effective social communication skills. Based on well-established therapeutic principles, it contains: an overview of pertinent theory and the principles of groupwork; and, a range of useful and adaptable ideas for practical activities designed to facilitate social communication skills. It starts with basic, confidence-building tasks and progresses to more complex assignments. All activities are easy to implement and clearly laid out with information on format, resources required and tips for group leaders.
- Author BiographySue Hutchings is currently working as a lecturer at Dorset House School of Occupational Therapy, Oxford. A professional interest in social communication skills has mainly developed from an educational perspective. Previously, she has worked as an occupational therapist in mental health, both in a psychiatric hospital and in the community. Jayne Comins has skills in speech therapy, counselling and occupational and organizational pychology. She is currently Information Officer at the College of Speech and Language Therapists and specialises in voice disorders at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, London. She has experience of organizing and running groups in hospitals, homes and day centres and helped to establish a mental health team assisting clients back into the community. Judy Offiler is an experienced speech therapist who developed an interest in social communication skills particularly through her last post in London, which involved working in 'Care in the Community' projects with adults who have a learning. She is now employed by South Tees Health Authority and continues to work with clients who have learning difficulties.
- Author(s)Jayne Comins,Judy Offiler,Sue Hutchings,Yane Comins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.