All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 1983 Pulitzer Prize and the Bancroft Prize in American History, this is a landmark history of how the entire American health care system of doctors, hospitals, health plans, and government programs has evolved over the last two centuries. The definitive social history of the medical profession in America...A monumental achievement. ,H. Jack Geiger, M.D., New York Times Book Review
- Author BiographyPaul Starr is Professor of Sociology and Public Affairs at Princeton University and its Woodrow Wilson School of Public Affairs. He is the author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning The Social Transformation of American Medicine and The Creation of the Media. Starr is the co-founder and editor of The American Prospect. He lives in Princeton, New Jersey.
- PrizesWinner of Pulitzer Prize General Non-Fiction Category 1984.
- Author(s)Paul Starr
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication15/05/1984
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Weight708 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.