CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionNeil Thompson is an authority on social work both as an author and trainer and has a massive student following, reflected in sales of all his books. Social Work has around 8000 new students a year in the UK and was in the top 10 most popular degree subjects in the UK in 2006. With 'A' level available, and a high proportion of mature 'n-traditional' students accepted on courses, social work students are often anxious to get a head start on their degrees - this book fits that purpose.This is a practical, user-friendly text addressing the anxieties and challenges faced by social work students at the start of their course. Offering wide-ranging yet accessible coverage of the core topics along with important advice on study skills, this Companion is the essential survival guide for social work students.What does training to become a social worker involve? How can students best build their skills and academic portfolio to succeed in one of the most challenging and varied professional roles? This text is designed to support all social work students, both in coping with the challenges of academic study and in rising to the pressures of practice learning. Designed to be as practical and user-friendly as possible, the text offers: wide-ranging yet accessible coverage of the core areas of theory and practice studied on a typical social work degree; a wealth of advice and information regarding key concepts and theories alongside the principle of good practice; specific guidance about study skills and extensive signposting to other texts and further sources of information; and, an overview of the range of possible career directions students might take and advice on applying for jobs.Packed full of case studies and helpful advice, this text provides readers with a sound foundation for study and future practice. The Social Work Companion is the survival guide for students on qualifying courses in social work.
- Author BiographyNEIL THOMPSON is a well-known and respected author and editor with over ninety publications to his name. SUE THOMPSON is an experienced social worker and practice teacher. She has a growing number of publications relating to social work and social care.
- Author(s)Neil Thompson,Sue Thompson
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication31/01/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePalgrave Student Companions Series
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date01/04/2016
- Weight670 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.