The Social Work Interview: A Guide for Human Service Professionals by Goldie Kadushin, Alfred Kadushin (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor twenty-five years, The Social Work Interview has been the textbook of choice in social work and other human service courses, as well as an essential professional resource for practitioners. This new edition, the first in seven years, is thoroughly updated-revised, expanded, and reorganized for more thorough coverage and for more effective teaching and learning. New to this edition: Thoroughly reorganized chapters and sections for greater coherence and clarity More extensive literature review Greater emphasis on the process of communication and its role in interviewing New or greatly expanded coverage of interviewing short-term, involuntary, and other special clients Expanded coverage of techniques for bridging racial and ethnic differences Greater coverage of interviewer/interviewee differences related to class, race, and gender Chapter-end summaries throughout.
- Author BiographyAlfred Kadushin was the Julia C. Lathrop Distinguished Professor of Social Work Emeritus at the School of Social Work at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. He was the author of Consultation in Social Work, The Social Work Interview, Adopting Older Children, and, with Judith A. Martin, Child Abuse: An Interactional Event, all published by Columbia University Press. Dr. Kadushin passed away in February of 2014. Goldie Kadushin is a professor of social work in the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare. Her most recent book is, with Marcia Egan, Social Work Practice in Community-Based Health Care. She is also the author, with Alfred Kadushin, of The Social Work Interview: A Guide for Human Services Professionals, fourth edition, published by Columbia University Press. Goldie Kadushin, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Social Work at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Dr. Kadushin is the Coordinator of the University Certificate in Applied Gerontology and the Coordinator of Adjunct Faculty for the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare. Dr. Kadushin's current research interests are in the area of community-based social work practice with the elderly. She is the co-author with Alfred Kadushin of the Social Work Interview, 4th edition (Columbia, 1997). She is the Associate Editor of the journal, Social Work in Health Care.Marcia Egan, PhD, is an Associate Professor at the School of Social Work at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Egan's research areas include social work in health care settings, particularly in community-based settings serving under-served populations, such as the uninsured, marginalized women and their children, and older adults, and the influence of managed care on health care social workers, clients, and practice.
- Author(s)Alfred Kadushin,Goldie Kadushin
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/1997
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight635 g
- Width150 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.