All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman embryos and foetuses are highly public and contested figures. Their visual images appear across a wide range of forums. They have become commercial commodities as part of the IVF industry and are the focus of intense debates regarding concepts of personhood. This book discusses these issues, drawing on social and cultural theory and research.
- Author BiographyDeborah Lupton is Senior Principal Research Fellow in the Department of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Sydney, Australia. Her most recent publications include Medicine as Culture, Fat and Risk.
- Author(s)Deborah Lupton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.