All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes a number of Open Access chapters. Research into the effects of child abuse has experienced an explosion over the last few decades, resulting in a far more wide-ranging understanding of this grave societal problem. This compendium volume collects some of the most recent research and organizes it within three categories: societal effects, effects on health (including mental health) behaviors, and epigenetic effects. Specific topics include the associations between childhood abuse and the following factors: * Juvenile sexual offending * Juvenile delinquency * Adult aggression * Cognitive development * Adult smoking * Sleep patterns * Suicidal behaviors * Psychopathology * Epigemic mechanisms Edited by a Harvard developmental behavioral pediatrician, this important compendium offers state-of-the-art kwledge to professionals and graduate students in the helping fields. The articles collected here provide researchers with foundations for further investigations, while they give active professionals greater power in the fight against child abuse.
- Author BiographyDr. Lisa Prock is a developmental behavioral pediatrician at Children's Hospital (Boston) and Harvard Medical School. She attended college at the University of Chicago, medical school at Columbia University, and received a master's degree in public health from the Harvard School of Public Health. Board certified in general pediatrics and developmental behavioral pediatrics, she currently is clinical director of developmental and behavioral pediatrics and consultant to the Walker School, a residential school serving children in foster care. Dr. Prock has combined her clinical interests in child development and international health with advocacy for children in medical, residential, and educational settings since 1991. She has worked in Cambodia teaching pediatrics and studying tuberculosis epidemiology and in Eastern Europe visiting children with severe neurodevelopmental challenges in orphanages. She has co-authored numerous original publications and articles for families. She is also a nonprofit board member for organizations and has received numerous local and national awards for her work with children and families.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLisa Albers Prock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.