All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn many parts of the world the language education scenario is increasingly dynamic, as demographic, ecomic and social changes powerfully influence socio-political agendas in the sphere of language education. These in turn impact on complex issues such as linguistic pluralism, multiculturalism, and marginalization. This is especially so in the sphere of second language education where local, national and regional concerns often dominate the objectives underpinning policy choice and prioritisation. This volume brings together scholars and researchers from a wide range of different educational contexts and turns a sociolinguistic lens on some of the key areas of concern for researchers in language education: critical awareness of power and identity issues; competence in dealing with new sociolinguistic repertoires, modalities and literacies; ethical concerns for all who are involved. The 'case study' approach enables the reader to reflect on and critically engage with these issues in a rich variety of contextual situations, and the volume as a whole provides a useful overview of (second) language education in the world today.
- Author BiographyEdith Esch is Senior Research Fellow in the Faculty of Education of the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Lucy Cavendish College. Martin Solly is Associate Professor of English Language and Linguistics at the University of Florence.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number141
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byEdith Esch,Martin Solly
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.