All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, sociologists have taken up a fruitful examination of institutions such as capital, labor, and product markets; industrial organization; and stock exchanges. Compared to earlier traditions of ecomic sociology, recent work shows more interest in phemena usually studied exclusively by ecomists while it challenges the adequacy of the neoclassical model. In The Sociology of Ecomic Life, editors Mark Gravetter and Richard Swedberg incorporate classic and contemporary readings in ecomic sociology and related disciplines to provide students with a broad understanding of the many dimensions of ecomic life. A thorough and accessible introduction by the editors traces the history of thought in the field and assesses recent advances and future trends. The third edition is substantially revised and updated with eight new chapters, including original contributions from some of the field's leading scholars that explain cutting-edge research and present the essential scholarship in the field.
- Author BiographyMark Granovetter is professor of sociology at Stanford University. Richard Swedberg is professor of sociology at Cornell University.
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication10/02/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, charts
- Weight1271 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMark Granovetter,Richard Swedberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.