Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sociology of English in Nigeria, which contains twelve chapters written by linguists of te both in Nigeria and overseas, traverses the Nigerian socio-cultural experience with English at several levels and in different aspects of the people's lives. It explores the nature of the use of English in Nigeria, the co-existence of English with other Nigerian languages and the sociolinguistic impact of the language in several communicative contexts in the country. ................................................ One major strength of this book is that it directs attention to various fertile areas of research in the sociology of English in Nigeria. This is particularly important for it invites scholars to look in these directions in their work instead of rehashing the same tiring arguments about what English is doing in Nigeria. I very strongly recommend this book, especially to those who look for something new and interesting in the study of English in Nigeria. Obododimma Oha, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Author(s)Akin Odebunmi,Akinmade Akande
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication22/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.