Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.65+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe brilliant, mesmerizing storyteller (The Washington Post) Joanna Trollope illuminates an experience shared by millions of people: a soldier's return to family life causes three generations of a family to struggle with the impact of war on their relationships. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN LOVE AND DUTY COLLIDE? DAN RILEY IS A MAJOR IN THE BRITISH ARMY. After a six-month tour of duty in Afghanistan, he is coming home to the wife and young daughters he adores. He's up for promotion and his ex-Army grandfather and father couldn't be prouder. The Rileys are united in support of Dan's passion for his career. But are they really? His wife, Alexa, has been offered a good teaching job she can't take because the Army may move the family at any time. Her daughter Isabel hates her boarding school--the only good educational option for Army families--and starts running away. And Dan spends all his time on the base, unable to break the strong bonds forged with his friends in battle. Soon everyone who kws the Rileys is trying to help them save their marriage, but it's up to Alexa to decide if she can sacrifice her needs and those of her family to support Dan's commitment to his work. With her trademark intelligence and grace, Joanna Trollope illuminates the complexities of modern life in this story of a family striving to balance duty and ambition.
- Author BiographyJoanna Trollope is the number one internationally bestselling author of seventeen novels, including Daughters-in-Law and The Other Family. She was awarded the OBE in the 1996 Queen's Birthday Honors List for services to literature. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Joanna Trollope
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.