Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionWWII is over and the troops are coming home. Four women who live in a small village near Penzance await their husbands' return with mixed emotions. Carrie Pollard is excitedly awaiting the arrival of Archie, her POW husband. Still feeling like a newly-wed despite several years of separation, all she wants is the chance to leave her parents' cramped home, to feel like a proper wife and to start married life in a prefab. Gwen, meanwhile, devastated when her husband's ship was torpedoed and he was listed as missing, presumed dead, threw herself into a series of love affairs. Now she's had a telegram to say her husband is coming home. Shirley became pregnant by an American GI, but had an early miscarriage. She is w full of guilt and doesn't kw whether to confess to her fiance. Velma, the oldest of the four women, became a bus conductress while her husband Stan was away driving tanks. Having tasted independence for the first time, she plans to ask Stan for a divorce.With life returning to a fragile rmality, and more than one buried secret being unearthed, the four friends discover that they are t the only ones to have changed, mentally, physically and emotionally. Their men have returned with their secrets too - and thing will ever be quite the same again.
- Author BiographyRachel S. Moore was named President and CEO of the Los Angeles Music Center in 2015. A former member of American Ballet Theatre's corps de ballet, Moore was named Executive Director of ABT in April 2004 and CEO in 2012. Prior to her appointment, she served as Director of Boston Ballet's Center for Dance Education, Executive Director of Project STEP, and Managing Director of Ballet Theatre of Boston. She has also held senior positions with Americans for the Arts and the National Cultural Alliance, both in Washington, DC. As a teenager, she spent summers in New York City and trained on scholarship at the School of American Ballet and American Ballet Theatre School, before becoming a professional ballet dancer. She currently lives in Los Angeles, California with her husband, two Labradors, and four cats of suspect provenance.
- Author(s)Rachel Moore
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication02/08/2004
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Weight429 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine1 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.