All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating book is a significant approach to the conflict of 1916 and a practical guide for anyone wishing to see and understand how the battle evolved.The day-by-day layout is illustrated by a fine selection of photographs, many previously unpublished and all carefully linked to show specific details of each month's fighting. Equally important are the 50 full colour maps illustrating trench names, fortresses and strong-points, jumping-off points, objectives and gains made. For the first time it is possible to read about the progress of a specific British brigade through reserve trenches, front-lines, -man's-land and captured enemy positions and to trace that unit on the detailed maps.
- Author BiographyChris McCarthy joined the Imperial War Museum in 1976, first as a Curator of British uniforms and then as Conservation Officer. He is now retired, but continues to work on a long-term database project on the First World War. Chris is a member of the BritishCommission for Military History and an Honorary Research Fellow in War Studies at the University of Birmingham.
- Author(s)Chris McCarthy
- PublisherUnicorn Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniform Press
- Content NoteColour maps & Black & White photos throughout
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.