All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in a new edition on the centenary of the seismic battle, this book provides the definitive account of the Somme and assigns responsibility to military and political leaders for its catastrophic outcome. A magisterial piece of scholarship...It is a model of historical research and should do much to further our understanding of the Great War and how it was fought. -Contemporary Review Revisionist history at its best. -Library Journal (starred review) A major addition to the literature on the military history of the Great War. -Jay Winter
- Author BiographyRobin Prior is professor of history at Flinders University. Trevor Wilson is professor emeritus of history at the University of Adelaide.
- Author(s)Robin Prior,Trevor Wilson
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note20 b-w illus.
- Weight435 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.