All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe so-called extra Calvinisticum-the doctrine that the incarnate Son of God continued to exist beyond the flesh-was t invented by John Calvin or Reformed theologians. If this is true, as is almost universally ackwledged today, then why do scholars continue to fixate almost exclusively on Calvin when they discuss this doctrine? The answer to the why of this scholarly trend, however, is t as important as correcting the trend. This volume expands our vision of the historical functions and christological significance of this doctrine by expounding its uses in Cyril of Alexandria, Thomas Aquinas, Zacharias Ursinus, and in theologians from the Reformation to the present. Despite its relative obscurity, the doctrine that came to be kwn as the Calvinist extra is a possession of the church catholic and a feature of Christology that ought to be carefully appropriated in contemporary reflection on the Incarnation.
- Author BiographyAndrew M. McGinnis (Ph.D., Calvin Theological Seminary) is a freelance editor in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.
- Author(s)Andrew M. McGinnis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleT&T Clark Studies in Systematic Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight329 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.