All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lonely servant girl finds solace in song and unexpected long-necked friends at her window in an utterly charming tale of kindness rewarded. Poor Delphine is all alone. She has family and friends, and as a servant in Queen Theodora s palace, her life is full of work. Fortunately, Delphine loves to sing, and if her spirits are down, songs bring her comfort and cheer. When young Princess Beatrice comes to live at the palace, Delphine is excited at first, but the unkind princess only makes Delphine s life more miserable. Then, one night, as Delphine sings out her sorrows, she draws the attention of a dozen giraffes! Delphine is delighted to have friends, but joining them on an outdoor adventure leads her to accidentally cross the princess, and Delphine s situation in the palace goes from bad to worse. Will singing be eugh to help her w?
- Author BiographyKenneth Kraegel is the author and illustrator of King Arthur s Very Great Grandson, which was a New York Times Notable Children s Book of 2012 and a Wall Street Journal Best Book of 2012. He lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Kenneth Kraegel
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width224 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kenneth Kraegel
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $46.98Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.