All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionTo promote a stronger general sense of community, THE SONG OF MARK retells the gospel story as a poem arranged in rhymed couplets with four stressed syllables per line, a form called long meter. It retains the meaning of conventional versions of the story of Jesus, while offering suitable texts for musical settings of the entire gospel or any passage of particular interest. The text does t include any of the false and sinful condemnations of Jews which have historically contributed to the practice of eliminationist anti-semitism. The crucifixion of Jesus is shown as the assertion of Roman power, with the collusion of certain religious authorities, within the context of a cosmopolitan community. In all other respects it is a text for singing that is congruent with holy scripture, as advised in The Book of Common Prayer.
- Author BiographyJabez L. Van Cleef takes foundational texts from many oral traditions and religions and creates a common poetic format to preserve, promote and disseminate the values of these cultures. His work also promotes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other frameworks meant to foster full realization of human potential. Find out more at www.sustainyourspirit.com.
- Author(s)Jabez L Van Cleef
- Date of Publication28/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.