Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionSpeakeasies. Gangsters. Flappers. In 1918, Kansas City is Sin City. Forced to leave home at age fourteen, beautiful Hannah Glidden struggles to survive, but with help from her childhood friend, Meg, mistress to a wealthy married man and her roommate, the irrepressible, flapper extraordinaire, Rosie, she thrives as a cabaret singer. The early 20's roared. Fortunes were made or lost in a single night, and criminals mingled with kings. Neither the government r Prohibition could stop the flow of alcohol or the lure of the good life. Handsome rum runner Johnny Gallo is part of New York's large, growing criminal empire where the sky is the limit. The ruthless Gallo has a knack for kwing the right people, and a single-minded devotion to getting what he wants. And, he wants Hannah. Hannah goes with Johnny to Al Capone's Chicago and eventually to Brooklyn, New York. where she basks in the glamorous shadow world of gangsters and their gals. Johnny becomes a force to be reckoned with, but in time the free-spirited Hannah clashes with her controlling lover. She faces the dark side of her dreams but dares to defy Johnny despite the dangers and unwittingly discovers that for her, dying just might be the only true path to freedom after all.
- Author BiographyAnna (which is her real first name) was a bookworm almost since birth. An active professional member of RWA PAN & PRO, NIWA, Willamette Writers and the Rose City Romance Writers, Anna grew up in Philadelphia and graduated from the University of the Arts where she majored in Illustration. She pursued a versatile career in children's book illustration, graphic arts, publications and public relations in Southern California before being lured to the Oregon wilderness by her desire to write professionally and her former-Navy Seal husband. Anna's debut novel, 'The Songbird with Sapphire Eyes' first began as a series of dreams that so haunted her they became a personal quest to explore possible past life memories. The journey was both eerie and exciting and the manuscript finaled and won second place in the Women's Fiction category of the 2006 Tara Awards. Anna's novel (to her surprise) has become a series with a prequel, 'Mermaid's Treasure' and a soon-to-be-released sequel which will take readers on a journey through the 1940's with Hannah's son, wartime hero, playboy and New York mobster, Anthony Gallo. A wife, mother and doting nany of two- Anna and her husband live on 45 wooded acres in one of Oregon's enchanted forests. Their log home contains an interesting collection of Flapper and Prohibition memorabilia inspired by her novel and an animal menagerie that includes a cat, horse, two wolf-hybrids, a red-tailed hawk named Lucky and a feisty but lovable African grey parrot named Warlock.
- Author(s)Anna Brentwood
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.